Foot Orthotics: are devices inserted into shoes to provide support for the foot by redistributing ground reaction forces acting on the foot joints while standing, walking or running.
They are used by everyone from athletes to the elderly to accommodate biomechanical deformities and a variety of soft tissue conditions. Custom-made foot orthoses are effective at reducing pain for people with painful high-arched feet, and may be effective for people with rheumatoid arthritis, plantar fasciitis or hallux valgus ("bunions").
Compression Stockings are a specialized hosiery designed to help prevent the occurrence of, and guard against further progression of, venous disorders such as edema, phlebitis and thrombosis. Compression stockings are elastic garments worn around the leg, compressing the limb. This reduces the diameter of distended veins and increases venous blood flow velocity and valve effectiveness. Compression therapy helps decrease venous pressure, prevents venous stasis and impairments of venous walls, and relieves heavy and aching legs.
To ensure you are reimbursed, ask your insurance company the following:
1. Does my policy cover prescription custom-made orthotics?
2. Do I need a Medical Doctor/Physician prescription?
3. What percentage of a claim am i covered for. and up to how much?
4. Do you require a foam cast?
5. Do you require a "Proof of Manufacturing"?
As for Compression stockings ask and check your policy for the following:
1. Check with your policy to obtain coverage information - coverage amounts/limits/pains and compression levels covered (ranged from 20mmHg and up)
2. Obtain a prescription from your Medical Doctor
3. Make an appointment with the clinic to be measured from the compression stockings
*After processing and impressions